We're having a baby!

Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Graduation Day!

We had our almost-10 week appointment today. I promise the new ultrasound picture soon -- David has a couple days off work, so no access to a scanner.

Everything looked great. When the ultrasound started, Squishy was moving around like s/he was saying "Hi Mommy! Hi Daddy!" Then he settled down and behaved for the rest of the scan. All my bloodwork came back good, so I get to stop the Progesterone today!

They offered me the appointment to check the risk for chromosomal problems with the baby. Basically, it's blood work and another ultrasound. David and I decided to opt out of the testing - it IS covered by insurance, BUT there are so many false positives AND false negatives that I'm not willing to take that chance for a scare that turns out to be nothing....

So, since we opted out, I was released to my regular OB! I called today and set my first appointment up for December 8 - I'll be 12 weeks on the 9th, so it's perfect timing! Happy Graduation Day to me!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment