Yes, I'm a horrible blogger. I just realized I haven't blogged about this miracle growing inside me since February 15th!
Yesterday, I hit 24 weeks pregnant. I have 16 weeks to go! And today, I had my monthly appointment...
My BP is a little raised. It was high last month also, so if it's high again at 28 weeks, I'll probably be getting meds. He said he will try that before we go to bed rest, so that's a plus! In a month, I gained 11 lbs. EEK! Since my 12 week appointment, I've gained 21 lbs, so I guess technically I'm averaging just under 2 lbs a week. But, my first two weights were only 5 lbs a month. Next month, I will get my screening for diabetes.
Because my BP is raised, he did a scan to make sure the baby is growing appropriately. He is measuring 4 days ahead, and has a head circumference of 24 cm (about 9 in). And baby is still a boy! He scanned past his lower extremities, and then says "Oh, you know what you're having right?" I smiled and said, "If I didn't, I do now!" My son is an exhibitionist! During the scan, I realized how big my baby is! His feet are all the way down low and his head is up just above my belly button. It's amazing how big he's gotten!!!!
So, my plan is increasing my water aerobics from 1 day a week to 2, maybe 3. I'm hoping for 3, but my energy level makes things tough during the week! Now that it's starting to get nicer, I can take dogs for walks, too. We're going back to eating healthy tomorrow, and trying to cut out the amount of processed/frozen food I eat (usually 1, sometimes 2, a day) to lower the sodium.
Oh, and the nesting has kicked in! The other night, I was relaxing, watching TV. All of a sudden I HAD to clean! Not WANT to clean, or "I should clean," but I HAD to clean. David came home and was very surprised! Last night, I did both bathrooms. Now, if you know me... I will do ANYTHING to not have to clean the bathrooms! I will clean every other room in the house by myself before I do the bathrooms! But, I did them. By myself. Without complaining (well, the toilets smelled, but I survived).
If anybody is reading this: What are your tips for keeping my weight gain under control? And what can I do about my BP? And please keep us in your prayers -- all these things have me worried. I'm trying to stay calm, but all I can think of is the worst!

Is there a baby???? You haven't updated in a super long time, so just curious! Hope all is well!
ReplyDelete