So, our compromise: leave it to baby! Friday was our appointment -- I told the tech my rule: show me the shot, and if I could read the ultrasound without anyone telling me, that we would know. If I couldn't, then it would stay a mystery (even though David would probably know because he can read scans).
Well, our baby is not shy! Here is a collage of my 4 favorite pictures:

That's right! We're having a boy!!!!!! While Mother's Intuition said "girl," I am over the moon excited that I'm having a little boy. And check out the spine picture: He is already pretty long! We also got a picture of his feet, and his toes look long (or maybe it was bones we were seeing, but either way, they are LONG!). He is measuring about 10 oz and one day ahead - so on Friday, he was measuring 19 weeks, 2 days. She couldn't get a length because he wouldn't stretch out and hold still.
I think my favorite part was getting to watch the heart beat. She zoomed in and we could see the 4 chambers beating together. She tried to get the 3 cord vessel, but he was squirming all over and kept moving his hand in her way. But, she said that is a hard one to see unless baby is sleeping and Mom is farther along (like 21-23 weeks).
I'm also starting to feel him kick. I've been feeling it for a week or so, but thought it was muscle spasms/growth. But, during the ultrasound, he kicked and I felt it. He doesn't like when I sit or lay on my right side for very long. I love the feeling, so I purposely sit just to make him kick me!
I haven't updated much lately. Things have been busy! We are doing great... David is back to Weight Watchers, so I'm eating healthier too! As of last week, I had gained about 5 lbs from pre-pregnancy weight. Although, that means in 19 weeks, I had lost and regained 8 lbs, plus 5 more (13 lbs). My OB said to aim for 20-30 lbs but nothing bad will happen if I go over. I will get an "official" weight at our appt on Friday. Hopefully I don't gain 6 lbs in a month like I did last month!
Oh, and to finish the post off, here is a belly shot collage:

No comments:
Post a Comment